2 tablespoons almond butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
1/4 cup canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling
1/3 cup vanilla almond milk, I used Silk
1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of salt
2 tablespoons dark or milk chocolate chips (dark is healthier)
Optional: 1 tablespoon vanilla protein powder
- In a small bowl, combine the almond butter, vanilla extract, and honey or maple syrup. Microwave for 10 seconds and then stir until well combined.
- Add in the pumpkin, milk, and oats.
- Stir well and make sure the almond butter is mashed in thoroughly.
- Add in the cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. (Add in protein if desired) Again stir well and then mix in the chocolate chips.
- Transfer the mixture into a small jar or sealed container.
- Place in the fridge for at least an hour or until oats are completely softened (preferably overnight)
- Warm them up in morning or eat them cold straight out the fridge garnished with a few extra chocolate chips if desired.